A full photo essay documenting the 2013 Digital Media Symposium just went up on the BIFF blog — click here! We had a blast . . . here’s some video as well:
“We’re not trying to make a movie, we’re trying to start a movement,” says Psihoyos, who is the Executive Director of the Oceanic Preservation Society (http://www.opsociety.org), which is tackling this innovative endeavor. The team is utilizing a host of revolutionary digital technologies and unconventional tactics to spread its message about the massive species extinction that is currently overwhelming the planet.
OPS states, “We’re bringing the sights and sounds of species on the brink of extinction to the front of the world stage, in an event that will forever change what it means to take action for the planet. Departing from the confines of a traditional documentary, the film will capture the drastic measures necessary for initiating cultural change while inspiring millions of viewers to join our mission.”
Psihoyos’ first documentary film, “The Cove,” has won over 70 awards globally from festivals and critics, including the Oscar® for Best Documentary Feature in 2009.
- · Jennifer Beaupre from BlogFrog
- · Adrian Bishop from Bloom Animation
- · Scott Hendrickson from Gnip
- · Erika Trautman from FlixMaster
- · Preston Padden from CU’s School of Law
- · Brad Bernthal from the Silicon Flatirons Center
- · Jonas Wills from Phobic Studios
- · Jeff Chow from CTRL+Console
- · John Levisay from Sympoz
- · John Burris from Silver Chalice
We are excited to bring these innovators to DiMe this year! TICKETS ON SALE NOW!